Path: Tourism/ Ratibořice chateau


Ratibořice chateau

Manor park
Together with the reconstruction of the chateau in 1810 the duchess Catherine Wilhelmine of Sagan let the old farmyard pull down, so that there was a space for the natural landscape park. Many sorts of woody plants from different parts of the world were planted up. Today the area of inner close park is 5,5 ha. During the dendrology survey in the years 1976 – 1977 were described 124 species and cultural variants of woody plants. A lake is a part of the park, it was created on the place of water-place for cattle.


Ratibořice chateauRatibořice chateau
The resemblance of the chateau is from the beginning of the 18th century when nearby desolate keep was built one storey Baroque chateau with a chapel in the style of small Italian villa by Lorenzo Piccolomini. Thank to the book “Grandmother” by Božena Němcová is the chateau known as the summer seat of Catherina Frederica Wilhelmina Benigna, the duchess of Sagan, who inherited Ratibořice as the part of Náchod domain in the year 1800 and after it she rebuilt the chateau into a comfortable country residence. The beautiful duchess entertained many important personalities, among others were the Russian tsar Alexander I and the Austrian chancellor prince Metternich. In the rooms on the ground floor furnished with period furniture can be found the collection of the last noble owners, Princes zu Schaumburg-Lippe. After the year 1945 the chateau was confiscated and with other property moved into the ownership of the Czech state.


KawalierenhouseManor farmyard
The history of the Manor farmyard started roughly from the year 1811 when that site was built as the replace for the older farmyard that had stood on the place of present manor park. The old farmyard had to give place to the English park in accordance with the request of the duchess of Sagan. Since this time the site has been used for farming. After the confiscation of the Schaumburg-Lippe property in 1945 the farmyard was the part of state farm. The stables were firstly used as stockbreeding, later mainly as storage. The farmyard started to fall into disrepair and its devastation was partly stopped in the year 2007 when it passed on management of the State chateau Ratibořice.

The new manor farmhouse was built together with the large building called Kawalierenhouse where the guests and servants were accommodated. The part of the site was also a servant´s hall (barn) dwelling for farm workers. When the old bleaching house was pull down, the duchess assigned to Pankel family an inhospitable basement flat with two small rooms and a chamber under the barn. Here from came out the wedding procession of young Barbora Pankel, who became the important personality of Czech literature – the writer Božena Němcová.
 


Pineapple house – GreenhousePineapple house – Greenhouse
In the neighbourhood of the former bleaching house in the north edge of the park in 1830 the duchess of Sagan ordered to build the greenhouse- called also the pineapple house, with the flat for a gardener.  It has been used for growing and over-wintering of subtropical plants from the chateau rooms. 

Together with nature preservation the Grandmother Valley is declared as the national cultural landmark. It is the complex of land and historical objects which create together with nature the remarkable aesthetic unit. In addition of the chateau, the manor park, the farmyard and the greenhouse you can admire the other historical objects. And over and above there is an emotional literary story set in this place by Božena Němcová. It may be the reason why Ratibořice belongs to the most attractive and frequented place of our country.


Languages


mod_search_text_caption

Načítám...

Languages