Path: Tourism/ Božena Němcová Museum


Historical area in Malá Skalice

On the place in front of the Česká Skalice museums area is situated the statue of St. John of Nepomuk. The sculpture in Rococo style dates from the year 1774, of high artistic value, was transferred from the square to the area in the year 1919.It is placed on a triangular pedestal with volute pilasters and represents carrying of St. John of Nepomuk up to heaven by the angles. 

Božena Němcová MuseumThe remainders of  the keep in Malá Skalice
The keep in Malá Skalice was built in the 13th century under Přemysl Otakar I´s rule to have protected the important crossing of Glatz and Úpa trails. During the archaeological exploration in the years 1980 – 1988 the foundations of former walls were uncovered and the round underground part of bulky tower, that was erected above the surface during the next reconstruction. 

Steidler´s smithy
Originally Baroque one storey building was rebuilt to a burgess house in Empire style. With the former convent, the remainders of the keep, former Steidler´s inn, church and old rectory put the finishing touches to valued urban complex.

Božena Němcová Museum
It residents in a former coaching inn At White Lion, built in the year 1824 by Josef Steidler. In the hall annexed in the year 1836, named by the owner after Dahlia Festivities, took place the revivalist exhibition of dahlias and patriotic parties in the years 1837 – 1847. Božena Němcová took part in them twice, once as the seventeenth bride, two days after her wedding she was elected as the queen of the ball. Besides the exposition where the life and writing of Božena Němcová have been shown, the museum restored the tradition of Dahlia Festivities. The Dahlia Exhibition takes place yearly in September.


Art and Craft Museum – Museum of TextileArt and Craft Museum – Museum of Textile
is a part of urban protected area, too. It is the only one museum in the Czech Republic specialized in the history of textile production. Its collections represent the unique complete of the documents of textile development, especially textile print. The expositions display both handmade and industrial textile productions, the traditions of cotton production and the history of textile printers in eastern Bohemia and the cooperation of the artists with textile production. The Textile Museum was founded in  Dvůr Králové nad Labem in the year 1936. In the year 1986 the exposition started to be built up in Česká Skalice. After the difficult reconstruction of the building of former Voršilka´s convent the new exposition was opened to public in the year 1990. 



Monument of Barunka PanklováThere is a graceful Monument of Barunka Panklová by the sculptor Marie Uchytilová -.Kučová in the park in front of Česká Skalice Museums. The bronze monument of seventeen year old Barunka Panklová was placed in the park in the year 1970.

The Old Rectory belongs to this historical area. One storey masonry Baroque building with shingle hipped roof and outer two-ply masonry staircase is the example of folk Baroque style. Since the start of the 19th century the priests on retirement lived there. In the first half of the 19th century they were two significant revivalists: Father František Hurdálek, the grower of dahlias and the founder of Dahlia Festivities in Česká Skalice, and Father Josef Myslimír Ludvík, famed chronicler of the Náchod region. Their names are mentioned on the memorial plaque in the frontage of the rectory.        


the Church of the Assumption of the VirginThe protected area is closed by the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin. On this place originally used to stand a chapel. The church got its present Baroque shape in the year 1725. You can admire the remarkable carving work “Assumption of the Virgin” by Severin Stolař on the main alter. The rare memory is a tinny font dates from the year 1490 with the oldest surviving name of Česká Skalice. The church is known as a place of the wedding of young Barunka Panklová with Josef Němec on 12th September 1837. There are two gun-balls dates from the Austro-Prussian War 1866 in the frontage of the church and the church tower. Next to the church there are the statues of Bernard Braun´s workshop, St. Florian ans St. Donát.


Languages


mod_search_text_caption

Načítám...

Languages